Ann E. Ortiz, Ph.D.
Dr. Ortiz is a Licensed Industrial/Organizational Psychologist and leading management consultant with over 30 years of service to both individuals and organizations across numerous industries, such as: technology, telecommunications, transportation, banking and financial services, retail and e-tail, manufacturing, health care, aerospace, entertainment, education, hospitality, real estate, construction, distribution and the public sector.
Catalyst International offers exceptional executive coaching and development services, team development and facilitation programs and executive assessment services for organizations. With an unwavering interest in maximizing the success of the individual and organization, Dr. Ortiz serves as a trusted advisor to high-visibility business and political leaders worldwide. Prior to founding Catalyst International in 2000, Dr. Ortiz was employed with two prominent, international psychological consulting firms.
- Assessed and coached over 11,000 executives, managers and key contributors for the purposes of selection, promotion, development and career transition
- Facilitated and led high-performance leadership and team development activities for a large number of senior leadership teams
- Developed highly effective consulting services that support the talent management practices of client organizations and drive business strategy
- Published original research in The Journal of Social Psychology and The Journal of General Psychology
- Personal leadership background as a vice president, business unit leader, partner and entrepreneur
- Extensive experience engaged with a wide array of people, issues, industries and business environments
- Educational experience, professional knowledge and ongoing training as a Licensed Industrial/Organizational Psychologist
Dr. Ortiz received her Ph.D. in Social Psychology from the University of Minnesota and B.A. in Psychology from the College of St. Benedict. She is a Licensed Psychologist and is a member of the American Psychological Association, the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology and the Dallas/Ft. Worth Organizational Psychology Group.
“I was introduced to Ann Ortiz at the request of the owner, who wanted her to do an assessment of the new NBA basketball team and the business that he had purchased. I found Ann to be extremely bright, a great listener and very receptive as it pertained to both the strengths and weaknesses of our organization. She did a fantastic job of assessment of my senior management team and gave me extensive counsel in terms of establishing a structure that could be both beneficial to the organization long-term and to the growth of these individual employees. She was candid, indeed prescient, in discussing whom she thought would have a difficult time going forward in the organization given the new challenges and changes in direction. She was and remains a valuable resource for me as CEO."
President & CEO, NBA Franchise